Forest Childcare Provider
I am a Forest Childcare Provider. I believe that spending time outdoors is very important. The children go outdoors here every day, at least once a day, no matter what the weather because I believe that fresh air and wide open spaces are good for them! That is, unless, the weather conditions are in any way dangerous. We have a fully enclosed back garden that the children can access whenever they want. But we also live near to lovely parks, woodland areas and nature reserves and we visit one of these places about once a week.
Being a Forest Childcare Provider means that I:
- Take the children on weekly outdoor outings
- We do these outings all year long so that the children can build up their confidence outdoors
- We sometimes go on walks. We sometimes go to playgrounds.
- We do scavenger hunts and act out stories.
- We often to do outdoor art.
- We go to Leeds Castle, Berated Woodland Trust, Vinters Valley Nature Reserve, pumpkin picking, berry picking, Penenden Heath, Mote Park, Knole Park, Bedgebury Pinetum, Bewl Water and many, many more.
The outdoors is something I really believe is important for children and is something I stress here that many places may not.